PEER REVIEW PROCES
This journal uses the Double Blind Review process with the following steps:
Manuscripts submitted to the journal management system are first evaluated by the editor in chief and sent to the field editors within two weeks at the latest. The manuscripts are critically evaluated based on the journal’s submission criteria:
- scope of the journal and contributions to the field,
- evaluation of the similarity,
- appropriateness to the writing rules,
- publication language [Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition (full note)]
Studies passed from pre-assessment of the editor in chief and the fields editors are forwarded to two referees who are specialized in the field concerned.
These referees state their decision whether they take the submitted manuscript into evaluation or not to the publication board within two weeks at the latest. If the referees do not state an opinion to the publication board, new referees are assigned for the reviewing the manuscript.
The assigned referees evaluate the study by using standard manuscript evaluation form. Moreover, the assigned referees may also present their views and thoughts in the full paper and send it to the publication board.
Views of the referees serve as a guide to the editor in chief and the field editors to make a final decision. The final decision always belongs to the editors and the field editors.
Referees can state the following four views for the submitted manuscript:
- Acceptance for publication
- Acceptance for publication after minor revision (it is decided after revisions are checked by the editorial board)
- Reviewing again after the major revision is done. After revision is made by the writers of the study, it is evaluated for the second tour.
- It is not published (rejection)
Based on the views of referees third or fourth referees can be assigned. In such case, the same process of evaluation will be performed.
After reviewers’ evaluation is completed, views of the referees are examined at least two weeks by editors and field editors.
Editors and field editors give final decision for the study by taking into consideration of views and suggestions of referees. The final decision is sent to the author.